Former Pakistani Cricketer Saeed Anwar will be delivering a lecture on June 8 at IACC Plano Masjid.
- Address: 6401 Independence Parkway Plano, Texas 75023
- Phone: 972-491-5800
- Website: www.planomasjid.org
Known for his majestic timing and placement, Saeed Anwar is one of the most prolific batsmen Pakistan has produced. He was an opener capable of electrifying starts in all cricket through graceful strokeplay rather than brute force. He scored close to 13,000 runs in an enviable international career spanning 23 years.
He first came to prominence as a one-day player but soon achieved equal success in Test cricket.
He took a break from the game after the death of his daughter in August 2001, he was a lesser force when he came back, though he still managed a hundred against India in the 2003 World Cup. His batting prowess on the wane, Anwar finally announced his retirement just before Pakistan’s home series against Bangladesh. He held the record for the highest ODI score till Sachin Tendulkar and Virendar Sehwag from India upstaged him.
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Collin County population projected to double by 2030 - February 24, 2017
- JCPenny closing upto 140 stores - February 24, 2017
- Increased parking options in Historic Downtown McKinney - February 24, 2017