Allen ISD and Texas Health Resources have teamed up to open an employee health clinic in August 2016.
The idea for an employee clinic came forward from the district’s 2015 and Beyond Strategic Plan recommendations. After researching several options, the district recommended and the Board of Trustees approved plans to partner with the hospital.
- The clinic will be operated by Texas Health Resources in the Twin Creeks Medical Center One on Raintree Circle with services exclusively dedicated to Allen ISD employees, spouses and their eligible dependents.
- The clinic will be staffed by a nurse practitioner, medical assistants and a front office staff member.
- It will include four exam rooms and a front office / waiting area.
- Allen ISD will incur all of the clinic expenses including staffing, office leasing and supplies. The estimated costs for the first year will be $527,000.
- Clinic hours would be 7 am – 5 pm on Mondays and Thursday, 7 am – 4 pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday with hours of 8 am – 12 noon on Saturdays.
- Employees will pay a $10 fee for each office visit.
The clinic will offer a variety of basic medical services including services for abrasions, back pain, colds, dizziness, ear aches, headaches, influenza, minor lacerations, muscle strain, sore throats, sprains etc. Lab services will be limited to quick tests such as screening for strep and the flu. Employees will need to see their own physician for more comprehensive medical services.
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Collin County population projected to double by 2030 - February 24, 2017
- JCPenny closing upto 140 stores - February 24, 2017
- Increased parking options in Historic Downtown McKinney - February 24, 2017