With total U.S. holiday spending to reach $630.5 billion this year (up from nearly $608 billion in 2014), the personal finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2015’s Best & Worst Retailers for Black Friday Deals.
To help consumers maximize their savings this coming holiday season, WalletHub surveyed 8,000 deals from 30 of the biggest U.S. retailers’ 2015 Black Friday ad scans to show which retailers offer the largest advertised discounts for each product category in 2015.
Best Retailers for Black Friday:
1 JCPenney (68%) 6 Macy’s (56%)
2 Kohl’s (67%) 7 Kmart (50%)
3 Stage (64%) 8 Panasonic (47%)
4 Groupon (64%) 9 Fred Meyer (45%)
5 Belk (60%) 10 Office Depot and OfficeMax (43%)
Some of these retailers can be found all over Collin County, Texas.
* JCPenney has the highest overall discount rate at 68 percent, whereas Costco has the lowest at 20 percent.
* “Jewelry” is the most discounted category at 73 percent, whereas “Computers & Phones” are the least discounted at 31 percent.
* The overall average discount for Black Friday is 40 percent. Consumers should aim for this or a greater discount in order to avoid Black-Friday traps.
* The “Toys” category has the biggest number of discounted items, representing 23 percent of all offers, whereas the “Consumer Packaged Goods” category has the smallest, with only 1.4 percent of all offers.
For the full report and to see where each retailer ranks for each product category, please visit below links:
Black Friday Special:
* 2015 Black Friday Freshness Report: Retailers Repeat About 1 in 10 Deals from 2014 – https://wallethub.com/edu/black-friday-deals-better-or-worse/16899/
* 2015’s Most Popular Gifts Cards –
* Best Credit Cards for Holiday Shopping –
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- Collin County population projected to double by 2030 - February 24, 2017
- JCPenny closing upto 140 stores - February 24, 2017
- Increased parking options in Historic Downtown McKinney - February 24, 2017